So I heard today was National Macaroon Day! So of course I had to make some! I used only 5 ingredients for this recipe.
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
*use organic whenever possible
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Add shredded coconut to a food processor and blend until not quite coconut butter. If you squeeze it between your fingers it should feel like dough.
3. Add maple syrup and vanilla and mix well.
4. Scoop about a tablespoon amount and shape it into a half circle. Gently lay on baking sheet.
5. Brush the tops lightly with melted coconut oil and you can sprinkle the leftover crumbs if you’d like.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges/bottoms are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
7. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
8. Once the macaroons are cooled, dip in the chocolate or drizzle on top. Be gentle as the macaroons can be fragile. Let the excess drip off and place macaroons on a parchment lined plate.
9. Let set or place in fridge to harden chocolate or eat as is!
Are you Team Macaron or Team Macaroon?